Actress and pop idol Shizuka Kudo has been wowing fans since 1987s, starting her career as a member of girl group Onyanko Club. Since then, she’s gone on to become a major figure in the Japanese music scene.
To celebrate 30 years of Kudo’s music, seven voice actors have gathered to create a very special tribute: seven covers performed by male singers.
The new “Making Of” spot from Pony Canyon shows all seven in the recording studio, giving samples of the tracks on the upcoming albums. Lined up for the release:
1. “Daite Kuretara Ii no ni” (1988) / Showtaro Morikubo
2. “MUGO-n… Iroppoi” (1988) / Hiro Shimono
3. “Arashi no Sugao” (1989) / Kenichi Suzumura
4. “Kousa ni Fukarete” (1989) / Yuuichirou Umehara
5. “Mechakucha ni Naite Shimaitai” (1992) / Kishou Taniyama
6. “Gekijou” (1996) / Tomokazu Seki
7. “Blue Velvet” (1997) / Yuuki Kaji
In addition to the album, there will be a live talk event featuring appearances from Tomokazu Seki, Kenichi Suzumura, and Kishou Taniyama. Seating is limited to 800 people, and can be obtained via lottery through the instructions enclosed in the CD.
Shizuka Kudo Tribute goes on sale December 20. The talk show event is scheduled to take place January 10, 2018.
Source: Anime! Anime!