Back in 2014, there was talk that Chokusen Moudama’s two-volume manga Mahou Shoujo Ore getting a promo push in anticipation of an anime adaptation. That finally seems to be coming to fruition. Repordedly, an early look at the new Newtype has Kaito Ishikawa and Wataru Hatano as the leads.
Back when the series was gettings its 2014 push, @yoshi_xtsu offered a rundown of its key features
- 15 year old girl is a newbie idol in love with her best friend’s brother who is also a popular idol.
- She runs into a scary yakuza guy and finds out her mother was an ex-magical girl, the yakuza was her mascot.
- Her love interest gets kidnapped by demons that look like burly men with cute squirrel heads.
- She contracts the yakuza to become a magical girl, which in this story means she turns into a handsome guy in a magical girl outfit.
- Her magical staff does jack shit and she literally beats the enemies to death with it.
- Her love interest shows an attraction towards her magical guy form.
- Her best friend (her love interest’s sister) turns out to be in love with her and later also becomes a magical crossdressing guy to save her life.
- Their manager is a magical girl geek and decides to make them into an idol unit.